Time Tracking and how to use timers to record billable time
- To start a timer: select a client from the grey drop down menu, select a project, select a task (optional), then press the Start Timer button.
- Multiple timers may be started/paused so you can multi-task. The active timer will be colored green and will automatically move to the top of the timer list.
- Only one timer may be active at a time.
- To pause an active timer, press Pause. To restart a paused timer, press Restart.
- Each timer has a Notes button so you can record important details while a timer is active or paused. The notes button may be used as frequently as you want. See Notes screen below.
- When a timer is stopped (and when a Manual Entry is made) a Time Entry screen pops up for you to record work activity notes. If you have used the note screen shown above, your notes will be displayed in the Time Entry screen below.
- The Time Entry screen pops up when you stop a timer. This prompts you to add a few notes that will be part of your activity log that is generated with your invoice. In most cases you will simply add a few notes and Save. You can always go back and fill in more detail later. If you do not want to add notes, you must check the Blank Note OK box.
- If you want to make edits to the screen you can. You can adjust the date, add or reduce time duration, make additional detailed notes. You may also un-check the Billable box (checked by default) if you want the time to not be invoiced but shown on your log. This is a convenient way to show clients work performed at no charge on their behalf.
- You have complete control and can edit time entries any time before finalizing your invoice and log. Time Entries are conveniently located in the ChronoBeans Admin screen (see below). Simply select the client on the left and select the time Entry to be edited on the right. The same Time Entry Box shown above will open to make changes. It is that easy!