Projects allow you to organize and track billing categories for your clients. Projects will be shown on your invoice so consider how you or your client would like to see billing categories. You can set up projects two ways in ChronoBeans
Adding a New Project: Projects are client-specific so you will need to first identify the client for which you want to add a project. In the ChronoBeans Administration screen, select (click on) the client name on the left side of the screen and either right mouse click on the client name or select ‘Client’ in the top navigation bar so see the drop down menu. Select ‘Add Project’.
ChronoBeans Project Maintenance Screen. When you ‘Add’ or ‘Edit’ a project you will see the Project Maintenance screen below. Notice that the selected client name appears at the top of the screen. Fill in the Project Name. By default the start date is the current date. You can change this using the calendar provided and select a due date (if desired). You may also add a description for your use. The description does not show up on your invoice or log but the Project Name does. If your billing rate varies by project, you may Override your standard hourly rate by clicking the ‘Override’ button and entering the desired rate.
ChronoBeans Rate Override option allows you to adjust your rate by Project.
- If you want to override your project rate, press the Override button and the Override screen will appear (see below).
- You can select if the project is billable. By default all new projects are billable. You may un-check it if the project is not to be billed. If you want the comp time to show on your invoice simply put ‘0’ in the override field instead of un-checking the billable box.
- Your default hourly rate will show in the hourly field and can be overridden by filling in a different rate in the Override field.
- You can also set up the project as a Fixed Price and set estimated hours. Note: Estimated hours will only be seen by you, not your client. This is a good way to gauge your estimating capabilities.
- When you are done, press Save.