Installing ChronoBeans is easy
ChronoBeans installs from the secure ChronoBeans.com website
- Press the Download button. When installing ChronoBeans you will be asked to confirm reading the Terms of Service. Once you have checked the required box, the download can begin. You will see the setup confirmation page.
- ChronoBeans downloads the Setup.exe program to your computer. Note: your browser may be overly cautious and display a warning message. Please do not be alarmed, our Setup.exe file is safe to download.
- Once downloaded, you need to run Setup.exe – this begins the installation process. This may include installing Microsoft .Net 4.6 and SQL LocalDB. There is no charge for these prerequisites.
Be patient when installing ChronoBeans. Upon completion of the install process, ChronoBeans will startup automatically. During the initial startup, ChronoBeans needs to do a few things, like setting up your control information and building your database, so this will take a few minutes. Once this is done ChronoBeans will guide you through the setup process so you can be ready to work in 5 minutes.
The set up process will ask you to:
- Enter your email. This is the email address you used when you registered as a ChronoBeans user on the website.
- Enter basic information about your business, such as address. This information will be used on your invoices. It can be updated any time from the ChronoBeans Administration / Admin / My Business menu option. For more details, see the help link: Your Business Information
- Set up your Application Control Preferences. These are settings that control how ChronoBeans will work for you. This includes your default billing rate and other controls that influence how your invoices are formatted and generated. If you want to save time, you can accept the default settings and update your information later from the ChronoBeans Administration / Admin / Application Controls menu. For more details see the help link: Application Control Preferences
- Add your first client*. You need to have at least one client to get started. Don’t worry, you can add and edit clients at any time from ChronoBeans Administration. For more details see the help link: Client Setup & Maintenance.
- Add your first project for a client*. You need to have at least one project to begin recording time for a client. Don’t worry, you can add and edit projects at any time from ChronoBeans Adminstration. For more details see the help link: Project Setup & Maintenance
- That’s it! ChronoBeans will initialize and open the Timer Capture window. For details on time capture see: Starting, Pausing & Stopping a Timer
*Note: If you skip the client set up and/or the project set-up steps, ChronoBeans will bypass the Time Capture window and open the ChronoBeans Administrator window so you can set up your first client and your first project. A minimum of one client and one project is required to open the Time Capture window.
Should you have any problems during the installation or setup processes please log in to ChronoBeans.com and submit a support request. We value you as a customer and will do our very best to help.